Beautiful 3 Bedroom Detached House in France
Euroresales Property ID- 9825306
A delightful detached home offering flexible accommodation and offered by the current vendors to a high standard throughout. Benefitting from 2 reception rooms, modern kitchen and 3 bedrooms including a guest suite. There is scope to create a self-contained annex or holiday cottage. Superb gardens around the house including a covered BBQ terrace, and wooden garden chalet (former drying barn) that is used for storage but comes with a mezzanine floor and may suit conversion. Beyond the gardens are extensive paddocks and fields ideal for horses or livestock. In all the home comes with more than 11 acres which is currently just cut for hay.
The home is set on the outskirts of Bazas a famous Gironde market town with all facilities, including supermarkets, several restaurants, bakers, butcher, banks, Doctor and much more. Within a couple of minutes’ drive is a large lake with walks picnic spots and fishing. The home is ideally placed for golfers with 3 high quality courses all within a 15 min drive. Bordeaux is just 45 mins drive, the wine region with as many tasting houses as you can handle are within 30 mins while the beaches and the famous resort of Arcachon are around an hour.
For those who need easy access to and from the UK, the home is perfectly placed with year-round low-cost flights to Bordeaux (45 mins) and Bergerac just over the hour, with year round flights from Southampton. The closest ferry ports St Malo, Caen, Cherbourg and Roscoff are all easily driveable in the day, making the home convenient for visiting friends and family.
- Entrance Hall: With double doors opening onto the hall with stairs to the first floor. Coat hanging. Doors through to utility and glazed panel doors through to the sitting room one side and guest suite the other. The hall measures approx. 3m X 5m
- WC – with WC and basin
- Sitting Room: Delightful room with double doors off the entrance hall. Measures approx. 7m X 4.5m with stone fireplace for cosy winter evenings, exposed beams and revealed stone work. Tile flooring. Ample power points and TV point. Door to the gardens. Views down to the paddocks
- Dining Room: Dual aspect with a large stone fireplace, lovely original tile flooring. French doors to the gardens. Space for a large family dining table and chairs. Room measures approx. 5m X 3.3m. Can be easily converted back to a Bedroom if needed.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: A door from the sitting room leads to the kitchen, that comes fitted and equipped including a SMEG 5 ring hob, Bosch oven, microwave and Robin extractor with down lighting. Good selection of eye and base level storage units with tiled work surface over and part tiled walls. Ample space for a breakfast table. Door through to the utility room.
- Double Bedroom: Approx. 5m X 5m with garden aspect. Wood flooring and beamed ceiling.
- Bathroom: Approx. 3m X 2m with bath, plus dual basins set in a unit with storage. Tile flooring. Towel rail.
- Hall – with wash hand basin
- Guest Suite / Annex Lounge: Approx. 5.3m X 3.9m with light dual aspect and French patio doors opening onto the gardens, with views down to the paddocks. Tile flooring, exposed beams and revealed stone walls. Door through to.
- Guest Suite Double Bedroom & En-suite: Bedroom of Approx. 4m X 3.3m with tile floor opening onto en-suite measuring approx. 2m X 4m with WC, wash hand basin and shower.
- Mezzanine Bedroom – A versatile room that could serve as a third bedroom or office area. Measures approx. 7m X 3.2m A door leads through to attics, that will suit conversion to further bedrooms if desired.
- Attics – 2 spacious attics that may suit conversion to further bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Annex / Gite Possibilities – It would be fairly easy and relatively low cost to create a 2-bedroom annex or holiday cottage using the current guest lounge, bedroom, shower room, entrance hall, WC and 1st floor bedroom.
- Full Gas Central Heating with at least one radiator in each room
Gardens / Outside:
- The home comes with an impressive 11 acres, some garden with lawn, driveway, flower beds and shrubbery, then mostly fields and paddocks – easy to look after and suitable for horses and livestock. The property comes with 2 gated entrances. The main entrance has a long driveway with parking for several cars, including space to keep a motorhome. Gardens extend all-round the home which is afforded a good degree of privacy.
- To the front is a solid built workshop and BBQ terrace that comes with its own bread oven. Ideal for summer dining and entertaining. The whole measures approx. 9m X 4.5m
- Barn – Approx. 7m X 5m with mezzanine floor. May suit conversion. Ideal for storage and garden equipment.
- Swimming Pool Permissions
The property benefits from being part double glazed and has central heating throughout. In addition, there are 2 large stone fireplaces. Mains water plus well water for the garden.
The vendors will consider reasonable offers.
About the Area:
Nouvelle-Aquitaine is the largest administrative region in France, spanning the west and southwest of the mainland. The region was created by the territorial reform of French Regions in 2014 through the merger of three regions: Aquitaine, Limousin and Poitou-Charentes. It covers 84,061 km2 (32,456 sq mi) – or 1⁄8 of the country – and has approximately 5,800,000 inhabitants. (municipal population on January 1st 2012). The new region was established on January 1st 2016, following the regional elections in December 2015.
It is the largest region in France by area, with a territory slightly larger than that of Austria; even French Guiana is smaller. Its largest city, Bordeaux, together with its suburbs and satellite cities, forms the 7th-largest metropolitan area of France, with 850,000 inhabitants. The region has 25 major urban areas, among which the most important after Bordeaux are Bayonne (288,000 inhabitants), Limoges (283,000), Poitiers (255,000), Pau (241,000), and La Rochelle (206,000), as well as 11 major clusters. The growth of its population, particularly marked on the coast, makes this one of the most attractive areas economically in France; the new region outperforms the Île-de-France and Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in demographic dynamism.
After Île-de-France, New Aquitaine is the premier French region in research and innovation, with five universities (Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Limoges, Poitiers and Pau) and several Grandes Ecoles. The agricultural region of Europe with the greatest turnover, it is the French region with the most tourism jobs, as it has three of the four historic resorts on the French Atlantic coast: (Arcachon, Biarritz and Royan), as well as several ski resorts (e.g. Gourette), and is the fifth French region for business creation (all sectors).
Its economy is based on agriculture and viticulture (vineyards of Bordeaux and Cognac), tourism, a powerful aerospace industry, digital economy and design, parachemical and pharmaceutical industries, financial sector (Niort is the fourth-largest financial center in the nation, specializing in mutual insurance companies), and industrial ceramics (Limoges). Many companies specializing in surfing and related sports have located along the coast.
The new region includes major parts of Southern France (“Midi de la France”), marked by Basque, Occitan and Oïl (Poitevin and Saintongeais) cultures. Historically, it is the "indirect successor" to medieval Aquitaine, and extends over a large part of the former Duchy of Eleanor of Aquitaine.
Contact Euroresales for more information