Euroresales Property ID- 9825304
This Stunning Property is situated on the Beautiful Coastline of Oroklini in Cyprus, This is the ideal property for a summer family get away. This Property has 4 bedrooms, 3 upstairs bedrooms and one bedroom/study downstairs. Enhanced by the original owners to include central heating, surround sound, fly screens throughout, double garage/utility room, aluminium shutters and solid wood doors. The large garden offers shade and privacy under the mature trees. The lawn is fully irrigated and to the rear is a private swimming pool.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Central Heating
- 3 Bathrooms
- Satellite TV
- Granite Worksurfaces
- Utility Room
- Living Room
- Private Swimming Pool
- Private Garden
- Fully Irrigated Lawn
About the Area:
Voroklini, more commonly and unofficially known as Oroklini, is a village in Larnaca District, Cyprus, to the north-east of Larnaca. Its population in 2011 was 6,134, and is mainly divided between Cypriot and British residents.
Oroklini mainly refers to the village behind the Oroklini Lake, however, some coastal neighborhoods in Livadia and on Dhekelia Road are also usually designated as outskirts of Oroklini.
The region around village was inhabited in ancient times, when there was intense mining in that region, especially copper.It was an estate of despots, probably destroyed by Saracens. Leontios Machairas in his Chronicle mentions raids by the Saracens in that region during the reign of Janus of Cyprus (1398-1432).Oroklini and surrounding villages were abandoned in the 15th century, resettled, then again temporarily abandoned and again resettled in the 16th century. In the 17th century it is mentioned in Venetian documents as Vorochini during this period the village was yet again abandoned. It was finally permanently settled in the 18th century.
There are several deserted chapels in the area next to the mountainside. The old small church of Archangel Michael from 17 century is built in Byzantine style.It was rebuilt in 1867. New church of Archangel Michael is built in 1986.The small church of Prophet Elias was built in the 16th century on the hilltop west of the village.There was also the Church of Saint Thomas, which was a monastery from the 10th century
Contact Euroresales Ltd for more information.