Brilliant Business Opportunity, Ballycastle, Mayo, Ireland
Brilliant Business Opportunity, Ballycastle, Mayo, Ireland
Euroresales Property ID – 9826028
FULL PROPERTY ADDRESS
As this extraordinary 2020 draws to a close, one positive dynamic to emerge from the chaos is a new wave of opportunity for anyone with the vision and ambition to notice it. An exciting new opportunity is exactly what is on offer here, with the chance to own a hugely successful bar and grocery shop in the beautiful town of Ballycastle, Mayo.
Seaview Lounge is a unique building, prominently placed in the town centre, and is the only bar/grocery store in this large catchment area.
Not only is this property a fantastic chance to start an exciting new business venture, but thanks to its stunning location, in the heart of Ireland’s breath-taking Wild Atlantic Way, this is also a base from which to explore this beautiful country. This is a business that has the potential to attract tourists from all over the world looking to sample some of Ireland’s fascinating and unique culture.
Sports and Leisure fans will not be disappointed either as the area is surrounded by many excellent hiking trials and fishing areas as well as GAA, Soccer and Rugby Clubs. The area is also idyllic for golf fans as it is surrounded by numerous beautiful courses including Enniscrone Golf Club and Ballina Golf Club.
With an excellent average yearly turnover and the business fully ready to walk into, this really is a fantastic opportunity for a smooth transition, taking over from the current owners, who plan to retire. Audited accounts can also be made available to prospective buyers
Also, as this is a very scenic and historic area our businesses, the Seaview Lounge and Grocery Store, are the tourists' first port of call and the locals meeting place.
The Seaview lounge is also the first tour bus stop for takeaway and sit in meals..
The Seaview Lounge, also serving food,and Grocery Store is busy throughout the entire year. Seaview Lounge and Grocery Store are actively involved with local communities. 2 minute walk from the Seaview is Suifinn Way, a independent community which caters among others for returned immigrants. The Seaview Lounge and XL Grocery Store is the hub of the community which prides itself in being here for all the people. All staff are local and hugely committed, passionate about the area and loyal. The Seaview Lounge and XL Store endeavour to support local small business, where possible. The property is just 20 minutes from Ballina where the future President Elect of America, Joe Biden, relatives hailed from.
For further details on this fascinating property, check out their excellent Facebook page at (https://www.facebook.com/Trampsbarballycastle)
- Bar and Lounge, newly renovated/beer garden/car park.
- Spacious premises at 908.5 m2, leaving plenty of room for new owner to be creative and add their own touches if desired
- Audited accounts can be made available to prospective buyers
- Outside access to spacious upstairs that can be used for additional rental, residential or function rooms
- This is the only bar and grocery in this large catchment area
- Grocery Hot & cold deli/newsagents/lotto/Off licence. Gold Award received for retailing standards. ATM machine
- Petrol, diesel and solid fuel sold
- Private carpark
- Well established family run business for over 40 years.
- The owners have prided themselves in customer service and a relaxed atmosphere based on old Irish charm, not forgetting the modern touches.
- Cater for all functions/live music/food served
- The Seaview lounge is the first tour bus stop for takeaway and sit in meals
- This establishment is well known near and far and very popular as a meeting point
- The popular Annual Ceidé Coast marathon is on the doorstep of the property and draws runners and walkers from near and far
- Seaview Lounge is located on the Wild Atlantic Way, overlooking Downpatrick Head and 5km from the historical Ceide Fields and Ceide Cliffs.
- Downpatrick Head recently chosen as a venue for the Red Bull Cliff Diving Series 2021 (https://cliffdiving.redbull.com/m/en_INT)
- Ballinglen Museum of Art and Centre where students from all over the world attend for courses
- Doonfeeney Standing Stone with its famous Ogham script is just a five-minute drive from the property.
- The area is also close to many of Ireland’s world-famous golf courses including Ballina, Enniscrone Golf Club and Carne Golf Course
- Check out the bar's excellent Facebook page at (https://www.facebook.com/Trampsbarballycastle)
ABOUT THE AREA
Ballycastle - Baile an Chaisil - the town of the stone fortress lies on the beautiful, rugged coast of North Mayo. Its northern boundary is exposed to the Wild Atlantic Ocean, to the west are the lovely Stags of Broadhaven (600 million year old rocks), to the east lies Killala Bay, to the south are the towns of Crossmolina and Ballina.
Ballycastle is a small but thriving community which has much to offer visitors. We have a rich history, going back at least 5000 years. Ancestors left evidence of their way of life at the Céide Fields where an Interpretative Centre has been built. We have long sandy beaches and tall threatening cliffs along the seafront. The cliffs at Céide reach a height of 365 feet and give a panoramic view of horizontal layers of sandstone 350 million years old.
Myth, legend, history and folklore all thrive in this ancient place. One can be entertained for hours with stories from the time of our patron saint, St. Patrick, through the darker days of the Penal times, when his followers sought hiding in the bleak bog land and onto more recent anecdotes of fair days and football matches. But Ballycastle does not live in its past, it grasps its present while reaching out to the future. Ballycastle and its environs, due to the diligence and enthusiasm of its community has made much progress in recent years.
WIDER MAYO AREA
Mayo really is the Ireland of your imagination, come and discover this beautiful and inspiring region. It’s hard not to fall in love with Mayo, here you will have brilliant moments and make memories that last a lifetime.
Expect the unexpected and your experiences will make your break truly exciting. Come and discover our wild unspoiled nature and get in touch with our rich heritage and history.
Be amazed at the breath-taking landscapes and fascinating countryside. Discover the spectacular scenery of the many lakes, explore the green and peaceful valleys, walk up to the peak of wild mountains or experience challenging outdoor activities.
Appreciate the stunning islands and stretches of coastline; take pleasant strolls on the wonderful, yet unspoiled, beaches and enjoy the pure and crystal waters.
If culture, music and history inspire your curiosity find out the treasures of Mayo; come in touch with legends, myths and stories, get a haunting sense that here the past is a living spirit. Come just in time to enjoy yourself joining in the many festivals and events
Mayo people are warm and friendly and take pride in making our land your land. They are among the most welcoming people in Ireland!
Take part in the charming region. Here, there is always time for a special moment and remember there is a corner of Mayo with your name on it waiting for you.
WILD ATLANTIC WAY
The Wild Atlantic Way is a 2500km (1500 miles) driving route, stretching from Malin Head in County Donegal to Kinsale in County Cork along Ireland’s western seaboard. It was launched in February 2014 by Junior Tourism Minister Michael Ring and it traverses the entire rugged and spectacular west coast of Ireland from Cork through counties Kerry, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim to Donegal.
In Mayo, the Wild Atlantic Way is a 543km coastal drive and much of Mayo’s spectacular natural scenery lies along it.
In Mayo there are thirty-one Discovery Points and two of them are indicated as Signature Points: Downpatrick Head and Keem Strand. Reading our mini-guide, you can travel the Mayo section of The Wild Atlantic Way or pick your part of the Atlantic coastline to explore.
RED BULL CLIFF DIVING WORLD SERIES
Mayo was given a huge boost when Downpatrick Head was recently chosen as a venue for the Red Bull Cliff Diving Series 2021 (https://cliffdiving.redbull.com/m/en_INT)
Contact Euro Resales Ltd to book an inspection