For Sale Two Acre Original Style Galician Farm Complex
For Sale Two Acre Original Style Galician Farm Complex
Euroresales Property ID – 9825103
A very rare opportunity for a complete change of life style.
Casa Camino Turismo Rural, a unique Casa Rural located directly on the Camiño de Santiago (Primitivo). Situated in Lugo province in a very small village named Casacamino, 9.5 kilometers from Palas de Rei and 15 kilometers from Melide.
You open the doors and you are directly on the Camino.
It is an original style Galician farm complex, a Casa Aldea (on just under 2 Acres or 7900m2 of land), with parts of the property thought to be around 800 years old. It has been totally and very tastefully restored from a ruin in the last 10 years by the owners to an extremely high standard and is very well maintained.
It has been operating as a Casa Rural/ Rural Guest House for the last 6 years and currently (2019) has a rating of 9.9 and a 9.8 Award for 2018 from Booking.com, 4.9 out of 5 on Expedia with a 100% customer satisfaction award for 2017, 9.1 on Trivago, 5 out 5 on Google and a 5 star rating on Trip Advisor.
The buildings are on a plot of 435m2 (house only) and contains 5 beautiful guest bedrooms with en- suites, all decorated, furnished and fitted to a very high standard. With 3 dining room areas, 2 lounge areas, 3 separate WC’s, a service/boiler room, covered wood store, wine store and an office.
The property also has a separate apartment for owners/staff with a lounge, double bedroom and with an en-suite, all very well appointed.
The property is fully licensed and has all the permissions needed to operate as Casa Rural, it also has a license for a restaurant which currently is not utilized.
The house and gardens of 7900m2 or nearly 2 acres, includes woodland, meadows and a car park. We also have some of the best views in Galicia across the valley south towards Palas de Rei and to the west the Sierra del Careón mountains, which is a beautiful protected natural area. Casa Camino is situated 650 meters above sea level and has its own warm micro climate.
The clients are a good mixture of pilgrims (a very wide mix of nationalities) holiday makers, visitors and business clients. The property is ideally situated in the heart of Galicia, so clients who are touring can visit the whole region and be back that evening to eat and sleep.
The property has a beautiful central courtyard finished in local brown slate, with many other outside areas for clients to sit and relax.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the property via a reliable point to point internet connection.
The property currently opens from two weeks before Easter until the end of October (the Turismo license requires it to be open for a minimum of seven months each year).
This is a retirement sale and we are happy to offer transitional support and training for the buyers. All business connections and suppliers, also internet sites and domains will be passed to the purchasers, the business need not stop or close.
The business has huge scope for further development should you wish to expand and increase income.
All viewing strictly by appointment only.
All the furniture throughout the house is matching solid American white oak with a honey colored finish. All en-suites include showers, two with baths, all Basins and WC’s (Roca) are fully fitted. All en-suite fittings are stainless steel and ceramic tiled. Central heating throughout with Jaga Raditors and chrome towel rails to all en-suites, Three separate water heaters for different parts of the building.
Ground Floor – Hotel Main House.
- Lounge seats up to 9 persons with display cabinets and a corner log burning stove.
- A dining room on two levels with seating for up to 16 people.
- Hall.1 reception area with cabinets and draw units to support the dining areas.
- Hall.2 and Oak stairs to first floor, Gents and combined Ladies and Special needs toilets which is wheel chair friendly.
- Fully fitted commercial kitchen with Oak stairs to private apartment. Kitchen has plenty of storage cupboards double butler sink, glass washer, dish washer, large wine chiller, beer fridge, two Electrolux stainless steel fridge worktop units. Six ring hob and oven (gas) 6ltr deep fat fryer, stainless steel top griddle and Hobart convection oven
- Acebo-Bedroom 3. Twin single beds and en-suite shower room, with original beamed ceiling.
First Floor – Hotel Main House.
- Roble-Junior Suite 1. Queen size double bed, seating area and en-suite bathroom, with new solid Chestnut roof ceiling.
- Castano-Junior Suite 2. Queen size double bed, seating area and en-suite bathroom, with new solid Chestnut roof ceiling.
- Staff/Owner lounge access from kitchen on oak staircase, gallery landing overlooking kitchen, ceiling new solid Chestnut roof ceiling, log burning fire with a small oven. Triple doors opening on to the balcony (two opening) giving access to the garden.
- Staff/Owner – Bedroom.6 double bedroom with built in wardrobe, suitable for Queen size bed.
- Staff/Owner shower/dressing room with plenty of fitted under unit cupboards two basins 120cm wide shower and built in storage cupboard.
Ground Floor – Hotel Barn Conversion.1.
- Brezo -Bedroom 4 Double bed and en-suite shower room.
- Lavander- Bedroom 5 Double bed and a single bed and en-suite shower room all laid out and fitted for special needs and wheel chair access.
Ground Floor – Hotel Barn Conversion.
This is a very large barn conversion with 14kw log burning stove, large lounge, TV area, display cabinet, TV with surround sound system. A dining or games area with tables and chairs to seat up to another 16 people. Reception area with a counter with fitted cupboards underneath a safe and storage area. With a beautiful resorted original bread oven behind the reception desk.
Access to the office where all the comms equipment is stored with desks and storage over the bread oven for three extra single beds usable for extra guests in most rooms.
Gardens. Extensive and rustic, there is a total of 7,500m2 which comprises of the following; a wooded area, a young Orchard containing fruit trees Cherry, Apple, Pear, Chinese Pear, Pomegranate and Plums, meadows and lawn areas. There are many mature Oak and Chestnut trees on the grounds and the harvest of edible Sweet Chestnuts can exceed 100Kilos when the weather is right.
To the east of the main house there is an area for clients to dry their clothes and just beyond that is a cut wood store, capable of holding 12 m3 of cut wood for use in the three log burning stoves.
There is also a small garden to the east of the property which is lockable. In this garden is a large Butane gas tank, a metal garden shed which is secure and a 3000litre rainwater/grey tank for watering the gardens.
About the Area:
Lugo is a province of northwestern Spain, in the northeastern part of the autonomous community of Galicia. It is bordered by the provinces of Ourense, Pontevedra, and A Coruña, the principality of Asturias, the State of León, and in the north by the Cantabrian Sea (Bay of Biscay).
The Camino de Santiago, is a network of pilgrims' ways or pilgrimages leading to the shrine of the apostle Saint James the Great in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in north-western Spain, where tradition has it that the remains of the saint are buried. Many follow its routes as a form of spiritual path or retreat for their spiritual growth. It's also popular with hiking and cycling enthusiasts and organized tour groups.
Contact Euro Resales Ltd for more information.
If you need to buy or sell property in Spain fast contact us today.