Magnificent 4 Bedroom Detached House, Ballymahon, Longford, Ireland
Magnificent 4 Bedroom Detached House, Ballymahon, Longford, Ireland
Euroresales Property ID – 9826107
With its breath-taking natural scenery and welcoming culture, it is little wonder that Ireland continues to be one of the most desirable places across the world to live. On offer here is the chance to invest into this beautiful part of the world with this fantastic four bedroom house.
Located in the town of Ballymahon, a peaceful and well-run community, this property features four bedrooms, three bathrooms, modern decor throughout, garage, patio area and a beautiful lush green private garden area. With 11 rooms in total, this house offers potential owners plenty of room to be creative and put their own unique influence on the place.
This property not only offers a comfortable, spacious, and spectacular place to live but also the chance to venture into the lucrative and ever-growing holiday rental market, in which Ireland continues to be one of the fastest growing areas across Europe. Ballymahon is not only a wonderful area in itself, but is also a good base from which to discover the endless other wonders of this famous Island, so renowned for its areas of outstanding natural beauty such as the nearby Wild Atlantic Way. The property is also just under 1.5 hours away from Ireland’s iconic capital, Dublin.
Another huge draw in the holiday rental market is the fact that this area is a hotbed for sport and leisure activities with numerous GAA clubs, soccer pitches, walking/cycling areas, water sports and fishing areas around the River Shannon, and nearby Lough Ree/River Inny areas. For horse-racing fans, this really is an idyllic location with Kilbeggan racecourse just 18 miles away, Roscommon racecourse 25 miles away and The Curragh racecourse just over one hour away.
Golf enthusiasts will not be disappointed either as the area right next to many of the countries fantastic courses including County Longford Golf Club (just 15 miles away) and Mount Temple Golf Course (also just 15 miles away).
The area is also very well-connected transport wise both locally, with numerous buses, taxis and train stations nearby, and internationally with Ireland West Airport Knock around 59 miles away and Dublin Airport 70 miles away, providing yet another massive plus point in the holiday rental/commuter markets.
The property is presented in immaculate condition throughout and with modern décor throughout.
Extending to c. 2,500 sq. ft., the property offers substantial living space spread over 2 floors. The ground floor is comprised of an entrance hall, living room, kitchen, utility, sunroom/dining room, bathroom and a double bedroom with en-suite. Proceeding to the first floor is a landing, main bathroom and 3 double bedrooms - master of which features an en-suite and walk-in wardrobe. There is also an attic with access via Stira stairs.
The property is certified with a D1 BER Certificate, heated by oil fired central heating with a solid fuel stove and solid fuel fireplace. Double glazed windows feature throughout.
Externally the property sits on a generous c. 1 acre site with beautifully maintained gardens. Large, manicured lawns sit back and front of the property with a large tarmacadam driveway providing 2 gated entrances. The garden also features an array of mature shrubs, trees and flowers and a patio area to the rear.
The property is situated only 2 minutes from Ballymahon village just off the R392 road with an array of amenities available including primary and secondary schools, supermarkets, various shops, pubs, restaurants, petrol stations, veterinary clinic and various sports facilities including the popular Center Parcs & Longford Forest only 1km away. The town is serviced by public transport buses on a daily basis and transport links include the M6 Motorway and the N55 Road to Athlone – an ideal location for anyone travelling to Athlone, Dublin, Longford, Mullingar and Roscommon.
ABOUT THE AREA
Ballymahon is situated almost in the very central plain of Ireland, it’s the most southern town in the County of Longford. The N55 which serves North-South traffic passes through the town. The River Inny flows through Ballymahon and enters Lough Ree on the River Shannon three miles west of the town. The location of the town is idealy for manufacturing industries and distribution services as it is withen easy access of any part of Ireland.nnThe buildings in the town are of late Georgian architecture, with two and three storey gabled houses, colour-washed and in rows of three and four. A special feature of the town is its wide main street.
THINGS TO DO & SEE IN BALLYMAHON:
The Inny Kayak Club is located further along the river from Inny Park. The club was established in 1988 by a local man and it has developed much over the last years. nnLongford County Council has created a safe and accessible launching point as well as a landing point down at Inny Park. The club has qualified instructors who teach seniors and juniors, young and old how to canoe.
Ballymahon has a host of beautiful walks for hikers or just leisurely strolls for the ambler. The Royal Canal near Ballymahon has six miles of landscaped walkways with scenic views such as at Mullavornia overlooking Lough Drum.
There are numerous cut stone bridges, old store house buildings and loughs to add to the pleasure. Rambling through the many forest trails in Newcastle Woods or by the banks of the Inny is a must for the keen walker.
ANGLING IN BALLYMAHON
Ballymahon is ideally located to present the visiting angler with the very best game and coarse fishing in the Midlands. Local amenities include the River Inny (Trout, Pike, Perch, Bream, Roach, Chub and Hybrids), Lough Drum (Trench, Roach, and Pike), Lough Ree (Trout, Pike, Perch, Bream, Roach, etc) and the Royal Canal. However, Ballymahon can offer more than this. Situated in the heart of the Midlands, anglers are within a thirty minute drive of the very best angling that the Midlands can offer. To the west is the huge expanse of Lough Ree, which offers both excellent game and coarse fishing whilst the River Suck offers the same but with very differing environs. To the north is the world renowned hot spot by Lanesborough power station - this is probably the most prolific stretch of water in Europe for coarse fish. A little further upstream is the highly acclaimed game fishing at Tarmon Weir whilst further still brings you to Lough Forbes which is an excellent summer and winter venue and is known to produce huge Pike.
The Camlin Club are continuously restocking reaches of the Shannon and the Camlin River with Brown Trout and the old Longford reservoir with both Brown and rainbow Trout. Moving across to the North East are the well known fisheries of Lough Gowna and Lough Sheelin (coarse and game fishing respectively) and Lough Derravaragh and Lough Owel to the east are also very well known fisheries. Moving South and passing by the impressive coarse fishery of the Canal in Mullingar is the picturesque Lough Ennell renowned as an excellent game fishing lake. This area also has some stocked fisheries containing excellent Carp and Tench. Moving back towards Ballymahon there is a stocked Trout water at Mt Dalton Lough.
- Located in a friendly, well-run community
- Spacious 232m2 house
- 1 acre of beautiful private land
- 4 bedroom detached dormer
- Extends to c. 2,500 sq. ft.
- Presented in immaculate condition with modern decor
- Bright and spacious with well proportioned living accommodation
- D1 BER Certificate
- Oil fired central heating
- Solid fuel stove with stunning corner brick feature fireplace in the living/dining room
- Solid fuel stove with feature fireplace in the living room
- Double glazed windows
- Insulated attic
- Modern kitchen with fitted units, island and integrated appliances
- Utility kitchen fully fitted with kitchen units, sink and integrated appliances
- Master bedroom features en-suite and walk-in wardrobe
- Ground floor bedroom features en-suite
- Manicured lawns front and back
- Array of mature trees, shrubs and flowers
- Patio area to the rear
- Large block-built garage connected for electricity
- Stone wall boundary with 2 gated access points
- Large tarmac driveway with ample private parking
- Huge potential in the fast-growing holiday rental market
- Surrounded by many world-famous landmarks
- Surrounded by many areas of outstanding natural beauty including the Wild Atlantic Way, River Inny and River Shannon
- Great base from which to discover Ireland’s many other fascinating areas
- Just 2 hours from Dublin and 2.5 hours from Belfast
- Surrounded by many beautiful walking and cycling areas
- Idyllic location for water sports and fishing areas
- Hotbed for horseracing with 3 iconic tracks, Roscommon, Kilbeggan and The Curragh nearby
- 2 minutes from Ballymahon Town
- Just 1km from Ballymahon Centreparcs (https://www.centerparcs.co.uk/discover-center-parcs/holiday-locations/longford-forest.html) and Longford Forest
- Close to many excellent golf courses including County Longford Golf Club (https://www.countylongfordgolfclub.com) and Mount Temple (https://mounttemplegolfclub.com)
- Excellent transport links
- Just 59 miles from Ireland West Airport Knock and 70 from Dublin Airport
Contact Euro Resales Ltd to book an inspection