Magnificent 6 Bedroom Private Mansion, Apulia, Italy
Click Image for Gallery
Magnificent 6 Bedroom Private Mansion, Taranto, Italy
Euroresales Property ID – 9825976
For anyone who has ever dreamt of escaping to a luxurious Mediterranean paradise then this breath-taking house, in the glorious Apulia region of Italy, could be just what you’ve always imagined.
These glorious private grounds contain a wealth of stunning features including a 6-bedroom house that features 6 bathrooms, private parking, basement area, and a lush private garden area in which to enjoy the stunning surroundings. The Masseria, as the property is known as, was built within a property of 20 acres which is part of a larger rural estate. The property is 1.5km away from the local road, ensuring total privacy and an environment of total peace and tranquillity. This house was also built for the future and contains many environmentally friendly features such as solar panelling and a water irrigation system for the beautiful 1-hectare garden area, which is full of ancient trees and palms.
This wonderful place not only offers buyers a potentially stunning place to live but also a fantastic investment in the holiday rental market thanks to the fabulous facilities and location in Taranto, in the Apulia region of Italy. The property is 20km away from the closest town (Castellaneta), 15km from Metaponto Golf club and 20km from the seaside - it is called Masseria Vitosa. Bari airport is 60km away, whereas Brindisi airport is 100km away.
Masseria Vitosa is a magnificent property constructed in 1986 by the famous engineer Richard Antohi, whose talented architectural skills have touched many other properties in the area, the most famous being the estate of Riva dei Tessali.
When building Masseria Vitosa, the idea was to re-construct a traditional Masseria using all the traditional materials in order to achieve the most harmonious shapes and spaces which are typical of this building. Masseria Vitosa was built upon a large terrace overlooking the valley of the river Lato on the Murgia, towards the end of the plane which from Castellaneta descend gently towards the sea.
The Masseria Vitosa was built within a property of 20 acres which is also part of a large rural estate, which is used for hunting, and is part of a natural reserved protecting it from potential real estate buyers or other commercial endeavours.
The entrance of the house is 1.5 km away from the local road, ensuring total privacy and an environment of total peace and tranquillity.
The main features and characteristics of the Masseria are the following:
- Built area m2 731 with a basement of m2 31. Living space m2 484, 15 rooms, 6 bathrooms, 7 parking lots (1 indoor).
- Solar panels which produce 7kw, built 8 years ago and with a life expectancy of 30 years.
- Water well still actively used and authorized.
- Water connection to the local water supplier available and in use.
- ½ acre of garden with old trees and palm trees, supplied with a functioning water irrigation system.
- ½ acre of olive trees with a functioning water irrigation system around the house.
- 20 acres of land surrounding the property.
- Separate apartment for caretakers, with dedicated rooms for equipment animal farms such as dogs, poultry etc.
- The main building is very well insulated with the main foundations built on reversed beams
- Walls built on a double row of local stone with expanded clay
- Insulated roof
- Basement with double compartment
- Independent heating system
- Fully functioning alarm system
- Air conditioning system in all the bedroom, kitchen and living rooms
- Outdoor country side oven
- 6 chimneys of extraordinary design and manufacture
- Flooring, fixtures, doors, tiles all of top quality
The Masseria Vitosa is in perfect condition and is still lived in by the owners who maintain it in pristine conditions.
The care takers, a couple, present throughout the years, meaning that the Masseria is well looked after and always in perfect condition.
In conclusion, the Masseria is a fascinating building built with the best materials surrounded by a typical Mediterranean landscape composed of olive trees in perfect conditions and with the equipment necessary to maintain the Masseria in such conditions for ever after.
About the area
The area where the Masseria is built is called Papatonno, which is part of the local county of Castellaneta. The name derives from an historic episode which took place in 1700 whereby the local priest called Father Antonio, called Papatonno, saved the life of the Archbishop Ruffo from the attach of bandits and was rewarded with a generous donation of land.
The seaside is 6km away from the Masseria, which sits by the Golf club Riva dei Tessali, west of Ginosa Marina and east of Castellaneta Marina. 15 km away there is also the Metaponto Golf Club. Bari airport is only 60km on the highway, and Brindisi airport is 100 km away also reachable via a double carriage road.
A land of sea, hills and endless plains, the Apulia region attracts visitors for its amazing coastline (more than 800 kilometers across Adriatic and Ionian Sea), but also for its art cities and picturesque historical villages, where old religious traditions still live untouched, its countryside masserie immersed in olive groves, and its plenty of farm products that tell of unique ancient flavors. Apulia is always worth a trip, for many reasons.
Google Map Coordinates: 40°33'07.1"N 16°54'16.6"E
Contact Euro Resales Ltd to book an inspection