Superb Plot of Land in Auvergne France
Superb Plot of Land in Auvergne France
Euroresales Property ID – 9824481
This document describes a unique opportunity to acquire very rare development land located in a stunning National Park in the South West of France, on the banks of Lake Enchanet.
• The land parcel is unusual is its size (86 aces, or 350,000m2).
It has taken a considerable number of years to combine multiple land plots previously held by multiple individual owners into a single coherent development landholding.
• The land is located in a spectacular natural setting in a French National park (Le Parc Des Volcans)
• Despite being in a National Park it is Constructible land. Current French planning policy only grants outline planning for developments adjacent to established urban settlements, and not virgin Greenfield sites such as this. The fact that this land is constructible is very rare.
• The development land is situated around a lake, which is a highly prized amenity for both residential and tourism developments alike.
On offer is spectacular Development Land totalling 86 acres (350,000m2) set on the banks of a 990 acre lake (the lake itself is owned by the French government and is not included in the sale). The land is located in the National park 'Parc des Volcans', in Auvergne, South West France.
Topography & characteristics of the site the land is characterised by forested hills of pristine Beech and Oak woodland. The woodland follows the banks of the lake and rivers, offering innumerable ideal locations for jetties, moor-ings or pontoons. There are also 6km of marked walks surrounding the land, which are an ideal resource for any planned tourism activity.
The lake and its rivers are set in pristine wilderness and offer mature fish stocks with the full
Range of fishing experience; from trout and perch, to carp, pike, and zander. The lake is a
Dedicated 'fishing only' lake (ie: no water-skiing or powerboats)
The land comprises the following key development components:
- The Peninsula
- The Residential building land
- The Shoreline and Woods
A wooded 5 acre (2 hectare) south facing peninsula with:
• planning permission for a holiday village (classified under French planning law as an 'aire naturelle de camping').The specifics of the planning permission are flexible, allowing for the construction of for example: timber chalets, tent pitches, motor home standings, a reception building, and communal services buildings (toilets and washing areas, communal dining facilities etc). The planning permission provides for up to a maximum of 50 chalets.
The peninsula can also have pontoons or jetties to allow boat moorings if desired.
• Onsite electricity, water, telephone and broadband internet • paved parking for 30 cars • a paved slipway for launching boats, providing direct access directly to the lake.
THE RESIDENTIAL BUILDING LAND
The building plots are located on the crest of a hill with panoramic views of the surrounding hills. The hill top is at an altitude of 580m, is sheltered by the surrounding hills and enjoys an excellent climate. The residential plots are contiguous, which allows them to be developed simultaneously with an integrated and unified design if required.
The outline planning permission places no limits on the sizes of the houses that may be constructed, and apart from the existing hamlet of six traditional houses there are no neighbouring properties, which ensures privacy and tranquillity.
There are 18 plots in total (see schedule below for their individual sizes) and all plots have direct access to the existing services network that includes electricity, water, telephone and broadband internet. All plots are accessible directly from the road which is maintained by the local council.
The road access road terminates at the Pont du Rouffet (the peninsula) and therefore has very little traffic, which ensure that there is no possibility of traffic or traffic noise. Typically the only cars using the road are local fishermen going to the lake to fish.
New businesses starting up in the area benefit from 100% tax exemption for the first 5 years of business, and reductions in tax on a sliding scale for the following 9 years thereafter. I have further details on this and these are available on request.
The land is aggressively priced to sell, and is therefore simply based on local prices in the region, which are typically very low and means the offer represents enormous value to the prospective buyer.
It is important to note that the local price references are based on the average for the region, which does not take into account the unique quality of this offering. Specifically the pricing does not take into account: the added value of the lakeside location; the National park setting; the significant value for any tourism based business activity; the tax-free investment status; or the scarcity of a development land offering of this size.
About the area:
THE SHORELINE AND WOODS
46 acres of deciduous woodland (oak and beech) on the banks of the lake. The woodland is virgin forest with abundant wild natural game (including deer and wild boar) and is famous for its wild mushrooms including the highly prized Ceps (Fungi Porcini), Chanterelles, 'Trompet de la Mort' and wild field mushrooms amongst others.
The land is served by several local international airports, as follows:
• Two hours by car from Rodez (Ryanair from London Stansted daily, and several flights per day to/from Paris)
• Two and a half hours by car from Limoges airport, which has direct daily International flights from East midlands, Liverpool and London Stansted daily, as well as several flight a day to Paris)
• There are several nearby towns and villages with small scale amenities, and the nearest
Contact Euro Resales Ltd for more information.
If you need to buy or sell property in France fast contact us today.